Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Don't Understand This At All

You've seen these ads:

They're for a website called "lowermybills.com" & there's a discussion about whether they're legit or a scam here.  (I didn't read through it because I don't think I'd go to a ubiquitous web advertising company to help me financially.)  (Which is my way of saying, if it isn't a scam, why would a company go to such lengths to make it seem like a scam?)

No, what I don't get is the image with the ad.  Have you seen these?  What the hell does that unflattering picture of an older gentleman with rosacea have to do with auto insurance?

I searched the Google for their ads - people have noticed them before, of course - but no one seems to know just why the company picks these pictures, except perhaps to make people say, "What the hell?"  My favorite is what some blog called "the homeless Jesus guy":
Someone involved with the company has got to be picking these images to put into web ads.  Is it perhaps the interns?  Some sociopath the company can't fire because he/she is related to the CEO of Experian (Business Week tells me that's who runs lowermybills.com)?  Is there an ironic hipster working in the ad department?

If only Mad Men could last until we find out a very old, senile Don Draper is responsible for this!

No comments: