Thursday, July 25, 2013

Preface To Explain: How To Explain Today's Screed?

I was all set to write a (probably not very) funny post today about how in the 1990s I was a big fan of the Nickelodeon show Clarissa Explains It All & include samples of fan fiction I had written for the show for the usenet group alt.clarissa.explain.it.to.me.xo.xo, which of course doesn't exist.  (Or does it?)

The fan fiction would, by necessity, have nothing whatsoever to do with the show, since I was in my twenties when it aired, didn't have cable, & never saw a single episode.  I have vague memories of clicking through channels later on & seeing a boy climb through a teenage girl's window - that's about all I know about the show.  I'm not sure what she explained, or why she explained, or if she explained it all at all.  My fan fiction would have been a little tasteless - "Clarissa explains her first gynecologist visit" or something like that - & I wondered if I could rise to the challenge.

But it's getting late, I have to work on my show, & you'll have to be satisfied with this amusing picture:

No comments: