Friday, October 04, 2013

Whither Gangs?

I told someone last week that I've always had that Groucho Marx inclination - "I don't care to belong to any club that would have me as a member" - although in some senses WRFL & the other radio stations I've been involved with are kinds of clubs & I was happy they had me as a member (though of course deejays is generally a solitary activity).  But is WRFL a gang?  We should be getting our jackets any day.

I should've written something about how an average day at WRFL makes Sons Of Anarchy seem tame.

"Gang" has many meanings & we're not just going to talk about street gangs or biker gangs or gang bangs or bang gangs tonight.  (I don't think we're going to be talking about gang bangs at all, actually.  They're gross.)  The songs will explore all kinds of gangs.  But I do need to start reading up about gang activity in the United States.

The show's on tonight (!) from 10 to midnight (Eastern) on 88.1 fm WRFL.  You can listen at if you so choose.  You don't even have to be part of the WRFL gang!

No comments: