Thursday, May 15, 2014

Whither Push?

I can't often trace the inception of a show idea - I create a folder on my desktop with a theme, & start sticking songs & ideas into it.  But I know where this show idea came from.

It happened a while back - when I was subbing a show on WRFL, probably last year.  Now, I know you're thinking, "Hey, didn't you say you knew where this show idea came from?  It was in the previous sentence!"

Well, all right, I know where it came from, just not when.  All right?  Sheesh.

So - where was I?  Oh yeah.  Late night sub.  Someone called.  They said, "Can you play 'Push It' by Salt-N-Pepa?"  I said what I always say - oh, & I mean it seriously - I say, "I'll play it if I can find it!"

I didn't find it.  Luckily, most people don't call back & yell at me when I can't find their requests.  But when I got home, I was looking through my CDs & there it was - not at the radio station - "Hot, Cool & Vicious."  So I said to myself, "Hey, I should do a show where I can plat 'Push It'!"

It languished, the idea, until I decided to return to RFL.  So, for my first show, I'll be fulfilling a request that was made over six months ago.

I hope the person who made the request is listening!  (Though I know he won't be.)

Tomorrow!  From 7 to 9 am on 88.1 fm on 88.1 fm WRFL in Lexington, & online at wrfl.fm.  (Plus, remember, the premiere of Woke Up One Early Morning Blues at 6am!)

No comments: