Friday, December 12, 2014

Self Help Radio 121214: Gary's Favorite Releases 2014

(if I were cool, I'd link all these records to places for more info)

My favorites of the year, as of right now.  Who knows?  In ten years (ha! like I'll be alive then!) I might find a dozen better records.  But.  I like all these a lot.  I love some of these too much.  A smattering of comedy & lots of music.

The show's available at Self Help Radio the website.  Pay attention to the login/password info.  It has to be there, or dumb bots programmed by douchebags attack the site.  The music I played is listed below.

Thanks for listening!

(part one)

"Sad" Bo Burnham _What_
"Witness" Eno-Hyde _Someday World_

"There But For Fortune" Phil Ochs _Live In Lansing 1973_
"Lisa Says (2014 Mix)" The Velvet Underground _The Velvet Underground: 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition_
"Cling To Me" Cleaners From Venus _Return To Bohemia_
"My Oh My" Leonard Cohen _Popular Problems_

"Neal Cassady Drops Dead" Morrissey _World Peace Is None of Your Business_
"Wet Dream" The Piers _Secretly In Love & Everybody Knew EP_
"Sadness Is The Rich Man's Drug" The Ropes _Sadness Is The Rich Man's Drug_
"Second Empire" My Favorite _Second Empire/Dance With A Stranger_
"San Francisco Patrol" Robyn Hitchcock _The Man Upstairs_

"The Monkees" Bob Odenkirk _Amateur Hour_
"Crickets In The Rain" Allo Darlin' _We Come From The Same Place_

(part two)

"World I'm From" Haircut _Sweatshop_
"Babies" The Icypoles _My World Was Made For You_
"Archie, Marry Me" Alvvays _Alvvays_
"Upper West Side" The Smittens _Love Record Breaker_

"Planting The Seeds Of Insecurity" Sarah Silverman _We Are Miracles_
"Bamboo" Deers _Demo_
"Dull Boy" The Growlers _Chinese Fountain_
"The Boring Friend" MomusMcClymont _Two_
"Uncomfortable" Mega Emotion _Uncomfortable_

"Germany" Patton Oswalt _Tragedy Plus Comedy Equals Time_
"Dare" Heathers _I Know_
"Black Holes In Stereo" King Tuff _Black Moon Spell_
"Buses Splash With Rain" Frankie Cosmos _Zentropy_
"I Knew You'd Understand" The Hobbes Fanclub _Up At Lagrange_
"The English Softhearts" Literature _Chorus_

"Case Study: Don Dimello" Superego _Superego Volume 4:2_

No comments: