Thursday, January 08, 2015

Whither A Long Time?

Look, I know I do a dumb radio show that doesn't get controversial or edgy or even interesting most of the time, but I do appreciate living in a place where something I say on the radio that might offend someone won't get me killed.  As it stands, if I might make fun of something someone else holds precious, there's only a very small probability that masked gunmen would come into the radio station & gun me down.  The fact that it does happen in some places - & that it happened in France this week - pains me, & so of course I say: #jesuischarlie

(The best of the world says so too.)

Tomorrow my show won't insult any religion, it won't insult anyone's way of life, it won't offend anyone in any way other than that person may not like the music I play.  If I want to be critical of someone's faith or way of seeing or anything, however, I am glad there are people who will fight - &, sadly, die - for that right.  I hope I am one of those people.

Friday morning, Self Help Radio, which has been on the radio for a surprisingly long time, explores the theme "a long time."  It won't take a long time - it's on from 7 to 9am - so please come & have a listen, either in Lexington at 88.1 on the fm dial, or online at WRFL's web site. Your time zone may vary; calibrate with Eastern Standard Time.

I'll put the show up at Self Help Radio dot net later.  Not a long time after the show, I promise.

No comments: