Monday, May 30, 2016

Preface To Scottish Pop (Again): What, Again?

Yes, again.

Technically - if you wanna get technical - I've never done an episode of Self Help Radio with the theme "Scottish Pop."  Oh sure, if you go to Self Help Radio's "Table Of Contents" page - it's actually more like an index, but whatever - it shows that I did a show with the theme "Scottish Pop" on the first day of the year, 2005.  That was over a decade ago, at a radio station a thousand miles away.  But!  If you look carefully, it says "Ear Candy Sub Show."

"Ear Candy" was an awesome show on KOOP that ran for more than ten years I think & was hosted most of the time by one or two women named Jennifer.  (I actually had both Jennifers precede me for a time in the slot before my old 9-11pm KVRX show in the 1990s.)  The KOOP website may still have a page for the show.  It does.  It's not much help.

Anyway, since it was New Year's Day, & since even back then it was widely known that I don't have a life, I was often asked to do radio shows on that & other holidays.  & that day, inspired by the Spearmint song "Scottish Pop", I did an entire show of, well, you know.

So, why revisit the theme again?  There are two reasons: one, I just got back from a trip to Scotland; & two, I needed a theme close to my heart that I could complete in just a couple of days.  & guess what?  Here it is!

But I suppose I'll talk more about it tomorrow.

No comments: