Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Self Help Radio 060716: All Yours

(Original image here.)

No, I can't say I understand the show this week.  Yes, maybe I think it failed to accomplish what it set out to do.  No, I don't believe that I know what it actually did set out to do.  Yes, I should spend more time thinking about the show's theme & less time just pulling ideas out of my ass.  No, nobody is actually asking me these questions.  Yes, I'll stop pretending someone is.

If you must listen to this show, listen for the interviews: a listener named CJ calls in; a writer named David Fruchter is interviewed; & my spiritual mentor the Rev. Dr. Howard Gently phones to warn me that I might have brought some evil back from Scotland.  You can do like my wife does & tune all the times I talk out.

The show is all yours at the Self Help Radio website.  The songs I play are below.  I'll try better next time.

(part one)

"Yours" Julie London _Sings Latin In A Satin Mood_
"Yours" Mickey & Sylvia _Love Is Strange_
"Yours All Yours (vocals Sally Gooding)" The Three Peppers _1937-1940_

"Yours Truly" Pee Wee Crayton _Pee Wee's Blues: The Complete Aladdin & Imperial Recordings_
"Yours Sincerely" Rosemary Clooney _Love_
"Forever Yours" Bobby Vinton _Mr. Lonely_
"Lovingly Yours" Mockingbirds _The Mod Scene_
"Truly Yours" The Spinners _The Complete Motown Singles, Vol. 6: 1966_

"Yours Love" Porter Wagoner & Dolly Parton _Always, Always_
"Exclusively Yours" Rupie Edwards _Hot & Sticky: 26 Killing Rocksteady Shots_
"Yours Eternally" Don 'Sugarcane' Harris _Sugarcane_
"Instantly Yours" Bill Nelson _The Two-Fold Aspect Of Everything_

"Emotionally Yours" Bob Dylan _Empire Burlesque_
"Yours Truly" Mighty Mighty _Sharks_

(part two)

"Chemically Yours" Pilgrims _Something's Burning In Paradise_
"Sincerely Yours" Brideshead _In & Out Love_
"Compulsively Yours" The Mendoza Line _I Like You When You're Not Around_

"Take Me, I'm Yours" Squeeze _Squeeze_
"Obsessively Yours" Adorable _Sistine Chapel Ceiling_
"Incomprehensibly Yours" David Candy _Play Power_
"Accidentally Yours" Irene _Apple Bay_

"Yours Untruly" Gramercy Arms _The Seasons Of Love_
"Yours Tonight" Burnt Palms _The Girl You Knew_
"Yours Alone" Dum Dum Girls _I Will Be_
"Severely Yours" Wax Idols _American Tragic_

"Baby I'm Yours" Math & Physics Club _Baby I'm Yours_
"I'm Not Yours" Angus & Julia Stone _Down The Way_

No comments: