Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Self Help Radio 071216: The Wild Show

(Original image - I'm sorta embarrassed about this one - is here.)

Suddenly today I have found myself with no time & so this has to be done in a rush & who knows how many mistakes I'll make but that's how it is when one's life is wild but let's review the facts:

- Self Help Radio was on yesterday.
- Local musician Jenny picked all the music.
- It went swimmingly, a rarity when it's just Gary by himself.
- Now the show is available online.
- It's at Self Help Radio dot Net.
- The songs Jenny picked are listed below.

Is that it?  Did I cover everything?  Okay then.  I gotta get out there - the wild life is calling!  Or is the wildlife?  If so, how can I be sure they won't eat me?

(part one)

"Wildwood Flower" The Carter Family _The History Of Country & Western Music, Vol. 1 (1927-1928)_
"Cigareets, Whuskey, & Wild Women" Big Three Trio _Signifying Monkey_
"The Cry Of The Wild Goose" Tennessee Ernie Ford _The Golden Age Of Country Music 1950-1953_

"Crazy Wild Desire" Webb Pierce _Cross Country_
"The Joker Went Wild" Brian Hyland _The Philips Years & More 1964-1968_
"Your Wild Heart" Joy Layne with Carl Stevens & His Orchestra _I Wish I Were A Princess (The Great Lost Female Teen Idols)_
"Wild One" Bobby Rydell _Bobby's Biggest Hits_
"Any Day Now (My Wild Beautiful Bird)" Chuck Jackson _The Look Of Love: The Burt Bacharach Collection_

"Wild & Free" Curtis Mayfield _Curtis_
"I'm Wild About You" Al Green _Lay It Down_
"Wild Night" Van Morrison _Tupelo Honey_
"Wild World" Cat Stevens _Tea For The Tillerman_
"Frank's Wild Years" Tom Waits _Swordfishtrombones_

"The Wild One" Leith Steven's All Stars _Jazz Themes From The Wild One_
"Wild About You" The Same _This Is Mod, Vol. 2: More Rarities 1979-1981_
"You Drive Me Wild" The Runaways _The Runaways_

(part two)

"Wild Thing" X _Beyond & Back: The X Anthology_
"Real Wild Child" Iggy Pop _Blah Blah Blah_
"Reap The Wild Wind" Ultravox _Quartet_

"Wild Is The Wind" David Bowie _Station To Station_
"I'll Call You Wild" Grant McLennan _Horsebreaker Star_
"I Get Wild/Wild Gravity" Talking Heads _Speaking In Tongues_

"Running Wild" La Sera _Hour Of The Dawn_
"Drove Me Wild" Tegan & Sara _Heartthrob_
"Wild" The Babies _The Babies_
"Wild Love" Tanya Donelly _Swan Song Series_

"Wild Horses" The Rolling Stones _The London Years_

No comments: