Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Preface To A Show Called Johnny: Famous Johnnys

Do you have a favorite Johnny?  Music lovers will doubtless think of Johnny Cash, but if you're more indie you'll think of Johnny Marr, & if more punk you'll think of Johnny Ramone - or maybe Johnny Thunders.  Old-time jazz fans may mention Johnny Dodd, while the more lounge-y crowd might mention Johnny Mathis.  & those are just a few of the musicians!

There are lots of Johnnys, wow!

The reason this show is called "A Show Called Johnny" & not just "Johnny" as I did with other name shows, like Bill & Emily is because I'm making a reference to a Waterboys song, specifically "A Girl Called Johnny."  There's a video for it!



Man, Karl Wallinger is super scrawny in that video.  My life might have been different is the videos that I am now discovering for songs I loved thirty years ago were as easily available as they are now.  But also, to be fair, when I was a teenager, the internet would have fucked me up.

That's all.

No comments: