Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Whither A Show Called Johnny?

(It just seemed appropriate.  Image from here.)

Yesterday I explained why I am calling this "A Show Called Johnny," & today I'll explain why I am doing "A Show Called Johnny."  It's because of Chuck Berry dying.  I wanted to play a Chuck Berry song & say something about his influence.  I picked "Johnny B. Goode" as the song & I built a show around that theme.

You might ask, "Why not just do a show like you do where you play a bunch of people covering Chuck Berry?"  I might answer, "I thought of that."  But I never got farther than the thought.

Tell all your friends named Johnny that there's a show full of songs about Johnnys tonight on Self Help Radio on 93.9 fm WLXU in Lexington & online at Lexington community radio dot org.  Johnny time is 9-11pm eastern, 8-10 pm central.

You can listen if your name isn't Johnny.  Johnnys won't mind.

No comments: