Monday, May 08, 2017

Johnny Realization

The show this week has the theme "A Show Called Johnny."  It will feature songs about people named Johnny, both famous & otherwise.

It made me wonder - do I know anyone named Johnny?

It turns out that I have seven Facebook friends named John, but none that I would ever really call Johnny.  There are also no Johnnys in my family.

But come to think of it - no, I can't think of any of my German relatives - from my mother's side of the family - being named Johan or Johannes.

The Johnnys I remember from my school days were kind of troublemakers.  Maybe Johns stop calling themselves Johnny when they grow up because Johnnys are known to be hoodlums.

Still, hopefully there'll be some Johnnys who appreciate a radio show about them this week!

1 comment:

jenny a said...

Here's a good Johnny song:
The Ghost of Johnny Cash - by Shawn Mullins https://youtu.be/5gDwvlPPN_k