Sunday, July 02, 2017

Might I Share?

Some of you may have noticed that I have subbed three different KNON shows in the past two weeks.  It was a punishment of riches - KNON deejays either usually have collaborators on their shows or simply do not miss shows.  But I was the lucky beneficiary of three morning shows in less than two weeks.  My gratitude cannot be understated.

But ah!  Someone, who shall not be named but who is a real person I promise, wrote a nice email to the station's Traffic Director, & he shared it with me.  So I would like you to see it too.  It went like this (all caps in the original, although I have italicized it to set it apart from this text):

Loyal listener here with two quick thoughts*:

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A GARY SHOW?!?

His fill-in shows have been a DELIGHT. Tuesday for Nil, and yesterday and today** were SO. MUCH. FANTASTIC. Eclectic, educational, unpredictable, funny. (Even when the @!#?-%  CD player was uncooperative this morning.)

End of email.  How nice is that?

Honestly I can't say if even a dozen of these would mean getting a show on KNON, but, as it stands, it remains (after nine months) the best chance for Self Help Radio to be heard in the D/FW Metroplex.

Which is not to say I am ungrateful for the love that Lexington & WLXU continue to give to this ridiculous radio show I do.  I am utterly amazed that Self Help Radio continues to air in Lexington & I truly love WLXU & WLXL for their diversity.  I just really, really want to do the show live again.  I think you can understand that.

But until that time, getting sweet & supportive emails like this will sustain me.  My damaged self-esteem may grumble, but I recognize it's really cool & nice.

* I don't include the second thought as it is not pertinent to the praise of me I am sharing.

** Written after the Thursday & Friday Morning Blend sub shows.

No comments: