Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Whither Rubber?

(Tapping a rubber tree.  Image from here.)

For the past few weeks it seems like I've been hearing songs - not voices - I don't hear voices - unless I'm hearing lines of dialogue from television or film or comedy or spoken words records - or in songs of course - I mean to say I'm not hearing specific voices that seem to be speaking only to me which are also telling me to do things - which might mean that I am saying that I don't hear voices that tell me which themes to explore on the show - although that would be much easier than my current process - anyway as I was saying I was hearing songs - & yes of course the songs had voices in them, human voices, so by listening to songs I've been listening to voices but my initial digression was a clarification because the phrase "hearing voices" has a specific meaning in our culture - maybe I should start again.

For the past few weeks it seems like a lot of the songs I've been listening to were about rubber bands. I was listening of course to a bit of funk.  & I thought to myself, I should do a show about rubber bands!  But then it occurred to me that that was perhaps too narrow a theme.  That maybe I should include other rubber things.  So I did.  I expanded the scope of the theme.

There are still probably many more rubber band songs than others, but the show has been entirely rubberized.  I'm sure it'll be elastic fun.

& it's on tonight on 93.9 fm WLXU in Lexington & online at the LCR web site (make sure you choose WLXU) from 9-11pm eastern, 8-10 central.  It'll keep moisture out & be very easy to clean.  Promise!

No comments: