Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween Week 2017: Vampires!

(Original image here.)

Hey!  As a trick &/or a treat, I've dug up a very old show - a Self Help Radio from 2005 (so, twelve years ago) - a Halloween episode about vampires, which I have placed on a brand new Halloween page: Halloween on Self Help Radio dot net!

Now, I haven't listened to this show in many years - if ever.  I remember gathering the songs - it was fun to find so many songs about vampires - but I have no memory of the show, & I barely made it through the first airbreak, in which I am pretty low energy.  But it might be fun to hear an old episode of Self Help Radio & especially to have a lot of (let's face it) campy tunes for Halloween.

Especially because there's a song called "Dracula Gary."  That's a treat.

Again, the show is on the new Halloween on Self Help Radio page.  Same rules apply for password & stuff.  It's two hours long, so the show is in two parts, & what's in each part is below.

& yeah, the page has all my recent Halloween shows, back to 2010 - & in the next few days I'll try to put up all my old Halloween shows from 2005 on.  (Pre-2005 shows are on cassette & not digitized, I'm sorry.)

I hope you enjoy.

(part one)

"The Vampire Sleeps" Boris Karloff _Tales Of The Frightened Vol.II_
"Night Of The Vampire" Moontrekkers _It's Hard To Believe: The Amazing World Of Joe Meek_
"In The Vampire's Lair" Al Zanino _The Al Stan Masters: Best Of Reading's Oldies_
"Transylvania Twist" Bobby 'Boris' Pickett & The Crypt-Kickers _The Original Monster Mash_
"Bela Be Good" Ghouls _Dracula's Deuce_

"Vampire's Ball" Mann Drake _Vampire's Ball_
"Dracula's Castle" Mike Sarne _Come Outside With Mike Sarne: The Definitive Collection Singles_
"Dinner With Drac" Zacherle _Dead Man's Ball_
"The Vampire" Archie King _Doo Wop Halloween_
"I Want To Bite Your Hand" Gene Moss _Dracula's Greatest Hits_
"Dracula's Deuce" Freddy Fortune & The 4 Gone Conclusions _Monster Party 2000_

"Vampira" Bobby Bare _Horror Hop_
"Night Of The Vampire" Roky Erickson & The Aliens _The Evil One_
"Dracula Gary" Centimeters _The Centimeters Present The Facts Of Destiny_
"My Daddy Is A Vampire" Meteors _Rockabilly Psychosis & The Garage Disease_

(part two)

"Here Come The Vampires" Bunnygrunt _Jen-Fi_
"I Bleed" Pixies _Doolittle_
"Bela Lugosi's Dead" Bauhaus _The Singles_

"Laugh In A Grave" MrHamburger _Sounds For The Active Dead_
"Release The Bats" Birthday Party _The John Peel Sessions_
"I'm A Vampire" Future Bible Heroes _Eternal Youth_
"Dracula" Gorillaz _G-Sides_
"Vampire" Devon Irons _Arkology Vol. 1: Dub Organizer_

"Vampire Girl" Jonathan Richman _You Must Ask The Heart_
"Baby Vampire Made Me" Helium _Pirate Prude_

No comments: