Saturday, October 28, 2017

Halloween Week 2017: Monsters!

(Original image here.)

Halloween week continues with another oldie but moldy Halloween show, this one from way back in 2006, a show about monsters.  (I don't think I could've come up with an entire show about Frankenstein, so this was my work-around.)  I will mention that, should you choose to listen, that the tape deck at the radio station was not the finest around.  It kind of makes my voice a bit higher than it actually is (although I know I can be a little goofy & excited on the air).  Or maybe I really sounded like that then?  I dunno, I barely listened to the first airbreak, although it's fun to hear Erin Hannan on the show, she was my apprentice in those distant days.  We enjoyed chatting on the air I think.

The show is now on the brand new Halloween on Self Help Radio page.  Same rules apply for password & stuff.  It's ninety minutes long, the show is in two parts, & what's in each part is below.  (I think I left out a song, probably because I forgot to turn the cassette tape over.  Oops!)  (It's really not one of my best shows.)

As I noticed, the page has all my recent Halloween shows, back to 2010 - & tomorrow I guess I'll be putting up the show from 2007?  Maybe?

Warning!  Thar be monsters here!

(part one)

"Monsters!" CJ Buchanan from _Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!_
"Jaws Theme" Allan Parker from _Halloween Big Screen Thrillers_
"Monster" The Automatic from _Not Accepted Anywhere_
"The Attack Of The Giant Ants" Blondie from _Blondie_
"El Monstruo" Los Shains from _Teenage Shutdown Vol. 1: Jump, Jive & Harmonize_

"Monster Mash" Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band from _Cornology_
"King Kong" Big T. Tyler from _Loud Fast & Out Of Control_
"Eaten By The Monster Of Love" Sparks from _Angst In My Pants_
"Scary Monsters & Super Creeps" David Bowie from _Scary Monsters & Super Creeps_

(part two)

"She Loves Monsters" Bartlebees from _Urban Folk Legends_
"Monsters" Boy Least Likely To from _The Best Party Ever_
"New Monster Avenue" Mountain Goats from _Get Lonely_
"Monster" Ramonalisas from _Monster_

"Blob" Five Blobs from _They Came From Outer Space: The Alien Songbook_
"Bride Of Frankenstein" Toy Love from _Toy Love_
"Le Monster" My Favorite from _The Happiest Days Of Our Lives_
"The Monster (Oh Qu'il Est Vilain)" Stereo Total from _Fields & Streams_

"Monster Island" Dickies from _Second Coming_
"Bigfoot" Legendary Jim Ruiz Group from _Sniff_

No comments: