Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Preface To Green: An Interesting Experiment

In case you didn't know, this happened:

1) A listener asked me to do a show with the theme "green."  She specifically mentioned New Order's "Everything's Gone Green" as one of the songs she'd like to hear.

2) I checked.  There were over a trillion songs about the color green for me to listen to.

3) Panic set in.  Would I be able to find time to go through all those songs & make a show?

4) One of those lightbulbs appeared over my head.

5) It actually gave me an idea.

6) (Probably using this word wrong but) I would crowdsource the show!

7) I asked people on the Facebook Self Help Radio page to make requests.

8) Three people did.  Not an inspiring number.

9) What the hell, I thought, ask on my personal Facebook page.

10) So I did.

11) Holy shit, I got like forty requests.  Maybe more.

12) Most of them from deejay friends.  Naturally.

13) Some of my annoying deejay friends made multiple requests.

14) I just took the first one.

15) Seriously there are so fucking many songs about the color green.

16) Some of the requests are not songs I would've picked, & two or three are songs I don't actually like all that much.

17) But you know what?  It stopped being about me when I asked.

18) This will be an interesting show this!

19) Now to put all together!

20) & maybe think about doing it again?

No comments: