Saturday, February 15, 2020

Preface To Intent: Be Careful What You Wish For

Sometime last week, I complained that that week's theme had too many songs for me to get through.  I wrote, "Please don't ever let me explore a theme that has the possibility of having more than ten hours worth of songs."  I am having the opposite problem this week.  I am having a hard time finding enough songs.

Well, yeah, I found enough songs.  But it wasn't the easiest journey.  Let's break this down:

The theme is "intent."  But why?  I guess I can answer that tomorrow.

Don't you have to read into songs to determine if they're about "intent"?  Why not simply look for songs about "intentions"?  The dictionary definition of "intent' is literally "intention or purpose."

& look, when you see the definition of "intention," you get, "a thing intended."  Suddenly your theme is opened up to intending as well as intentions!

That's how I filled the show up, anyway.  But maybe I can find a happy medium between too many songs & almost not enough songs.  For Pete's sake!

No comments: