Monday, March 28, 2022

Whither The Saddest Show?

(I don't remember where I found this image but it was titled 'The Saddest Beer Ever.')

In typical predictable Self Help Radio fashion, this week's show is more focused on songs talking about the saddest things - stories, songs, etc. - than itself being the saddest show.  However!  As I discussed yesterday, I did ask listeners & friends about the saddest songs they heard, & I got a few responses, so at least some of the show - maybe even half! - will be actual songs that someone thought was the saddest they'd ever heard.

This means that while I don't believe the typical predictable Self Help Radio portion of the show would overall make you sad, the sad songs chosen by listeners actually may.  So consider this a warning!  There may be a part of Self Help Radio tonight that might be sad - & "sad" meaning "affected by unhappiness or grief," & not, as is the usual way people describe the show as sad, meaning "deplorably bad."

That's tonight, midnight to 3am, on 90.7 fm KBOO in Portland & online everywhere at kboo.fm.  We certainly hope it'll be the best saddest show you'll ever hear.

No comments: