Friday, April 01, 2022

It Bit


You won't believe I took this gorgeous picture of this terrifying creature - because why would you? I've shown no talent for photography!  Even I can't believe I took it.  Or that I got close enough to take it because I am deathly afraid of insects.  I just remember that my wife wanted to touch it, & it bit her.  It did!  Her finger swelled up.  Maybe some errant entomologist will happen by this blog one day & comment on what kind of bug it is.  As it stands, I have written it a poem.

Oh biting caterpillar!
We must fetch now the painkiller.
As my wife's hand did linger
You bit her on the finger.
She still thinks you're pretty
Despite what you did - which was shitty.
Though this was awful business
She's shown you forgiveness.
Someday I'll hurt her in some manner
(Not something I'd put in a planner)
But I think of how she forgave you
So there's hope that she'll forgive me too.


Although I shouldn't show her this poem.  It's pretty much unforgivable.

No comments: