Monday, March 06, 2023

Whither Lifetimes?

(Image from Britannica.com)

Okay, look, I know that the image above is about animals' life spans. But the span of a life is a lifetime, isn't it? No, I won't have any songs about life spans. You're missing the point. A lifetime is kind of a hard thing to capture in a single graphic, but a life span is easily grasped. Your lifetime may fit perfectly into what your expected life span is - but it can be longer! I don't want to argue this with you. I'm allowed to use an image showing life spans before I talk about a radio about lifetimes.

Holy smokes. I can't believe I'm getting to do the lifetime show! Also, it's not a Lifetime show, meaning the cable television network. While I think Self Help Radio would make a great Lifetime movie, I don't think I skew towards their demographic. Anyway, I didn't get to do this show last week, so I'm doing it tonight. It seems a lifetime since I planned. It'll probably feel even moreso after it's done.

When is it happening? Why at the show's regular time, midnight to 3am on 90.7fm KBOO in Portland, kboo.fm everywhere. Will it be the culmination of what may seem a lifetime in radio? Oh no. Wow, no. Not at all. No.

No comments: