Monday, January 01, 2024

The Yearly Tally


It's time for me to reveal to anyone who cares (& it's not that many people) how many radio shows I made in 2023. It is something of a complicated number, but here goes:

57 episodes of Self Help Radio
This includes five (5) episodes on XRAY that were essentially repeats on a different station.
After a while I started to feel weird about that. So I stopped doing it.

51 episodes of The Dickenbock Report

38 episodes of Corporate Standardized Programming

Nine (9) sub episodes on XRAY, KBOO, & Freeform Portland.

That number adds up to 155! Which is really a record for me. I don't think I've ever done that many radio shows in one year.

While I might be wrong, I seem to have explored - in all three shows - 76 new themes. More often than now, Corporate Standardized Programming is a freeform show. But both The Dickenbock Report & Self Help Radio are theme-based. & I don't really mind revisiting old themes for the Dickenbock Report. & Self Help Radio has themes - like Indiepop A To Z - which I revisit regularly.

But that's it - 155 radio shows in 2023. If my math is right.

Currently I have three radio shows so I might make this number once again this year. (52 weeks times three.) But who knows?

Right now I'm just going to feel a little exhausted by the count.

No comments: