Monday, February 05, 2007

Mistakes Haiku Wrap-Up Plus

My girlie just had knee surgery so I believe the posts to the weblog will be a bit terse this week. My apologies. She needs me more than you do right now.

Here are the winners of the haiku contest for this week, from fourth place to first. Congrats all!

FOURTH PLACE: Birdy

Sitting, wondering
Are haikus real poetry
Or simply mistakes?

THIRD PLACE: Jeff

He needed a word
To say after his mistakes
He used up “sorry”

SECOND PLACE: Jenn

Forgetting is sad
But to forget to age is
A mistake I’ll make

FIRST PLACE: Will

Keep count of screw ups
Frame & display them at home
Better than trophies

& the Mysterious Limerick Writer has written another limerick for Self Help Radio. It goes like this:

There once was a bearded old baker
We knew as a clumsy mistaker
He’d commonly utter
When leaving out butter
“Bet you’re glad I’m not a car maker!”

For todays "Song Of The Day", I boldly post a bootleg. This is the demo version (produced by Brian Eno & Richard Williams) of a Television tune from 1974 from a wonderful record called Double Exposure. The song is Venus De Milo, & clicking on the name lets you listen to it. I've always loved this song, especially the line "I fell into the arms of Venus De Milo" - with Verlaine's weird pronunciation of the statue's name. Sigh. This mp3 will disappear from this site on February 19, 2007. Eat it quick.

This week's show will be my annual Valentine's Day show, this one about crushes. Find out why I have a crush on you tomorrow!

No comments: