Thursday, February 08, 2007

Shall I Answer A Letter? I Shall Answer A Letter!

Just sitting here, sleepily listening to Syd Barrett, ready to go home, about to gather my show for tomorrow, hoping you'll listen because I do it for you, I reach into the mailbag & find this email:

gary, do you get lots of reguests for show themes and if so can i suggest one. one about the circus would be fun. or clowns. thanks.

Believe it or not, I don't get a lot of requests for shows (I assume the writer meant "request" - I don't know what "reguest" means - could it be like "regifting" except with radio show guests?). I think I may be a little unapproachable. Or people are happy with what I choose. Or no one really cares. Because no one is listening.

I like the idea about a show about clowns, though. I will keep it in mind. It should be fun to put together, & then I'll use it to scare children with. Also, some adults.

Since I am listening to the late, great Syd Barrett, why not share a song of his with you for the "Song Of The Day"? How about this track from his second record, Barrett called Baby Lemonade? If so, click on it to listen to it. I'll remove it February 22, 2007.

I don't know if anyone's ever counted, but a lot of bands took their names from Syd Barrett's songs. Baby Lemonade has been the name of two bands: one from Scotland (who released a single called "Secret Goldfish," which became the name of another band) & a decidedly less interesting band from Los Angeles.

No comments: