Friday, November 02, 2012

The Constant Struggle To Get One's Act Together

I can't understand how everyone has time to check their social media - their Facebookers, Twitters, Instant Gram, Bloggering, Tumblering - & I have more time than most!

Occasionally when I am wandering around & have my cell phone with me, I check my Twitter feed.  Usually, I am entertained, but I never really have anything to add, & so it's something of a passive medium for me.  I don't keep up the Self Help Radio Tumblr blog, & I feel bad about that.  I have fallen behind on Facebook.  & I try to write in this blog, even if - as per usual - I have nothing to say.  But where does the time go!

For me, there's a great satisfaction - even if it has affected my girth - in cooking.  It keeps Mrs. Self Help Radio happy, which should be pleasure enough, but I find joy in trying new things out - especially if they turn out all right.

Fuck you baking!

The wife was a passable cook, but she had a tendency, like a satellite's orbit decays, to make the meals just a little more sloppily each time.  I want to be able to either make the same recipe as great as it was the best time, or better.  I think that, since I'm never going to be a musician, or an actor, my cooking is a little like learning an instrument or memorizing lines.

It doesn't explain why I can't regularly update my life on Twitter, but it's the start of an excuse, anyway.

No comments: