Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Salmon Fishing In Alaska

Does this make you think of either Orange Juice's song "Salmon Fishing In New York" or Richard Brautigan's book Trout Fishing in America?  (I suppose you might also know the band as well.)  Neither of these have anything to do with actual salmon fishing in Alaska, but they were the two things I immediately thought of when I got an email entitled "Salmon Fishing In Alaska."

The email wasn't an ad or solicitation sent directly to me - instead it was sent to my Self Help Radio address.  Which is I suppose an address that spiders or other automation could rip from websites such as mine - but what if they thought they were writing to a self-help radio show?  What could that mean?

Here are some insights from the email:


There’s one reason why over 90% of our anglers return
to our Nushagak King Salmon Camp... They catch fish!

Also:

According to preliminary forecast from Alaska Fish and Game Biologist the 2013 King Salmon run on the Nushagak will be the largest in years which should mean another round of phenomenal fishing.

Want more proof?  Here's a picture!

That fish does not look happy.  That dude looks a little too happy.

I don't fish, & there's nothing about the details of the trip in the email, but do you have to eat the fish you catch there?  Can you imagine taking home a suitcase full of those suckers?  Plus the ice?  Or will they turn them into fish sticks for you at no additional cost?  What are the rules?  I don't know the rules.  Here's more:

It's hard to imagine better fishing than averaging over 30 King Salmon, per boat, per day (3 fishermen).

I do find that hard to imagine!  Where I am going to find 3 fishermen???

No comments: