Friday, March 08, 2013

Whither Silver?

I was walking along, minding my own bee's knees, thinking that on Friday, March 8, 2013, I would be doing a nice Self Help Radio show about bridges (probably on my mind since most of them in America are about to collapse) when suddenly someone says something about the radio station I'm on having a birthday that week.  A birthday!  But I do a birthday show every year for the love of my life!  Now I have to do one for a radio station that I love almost as much as I love the love of my life?

It hits me!  25 years is the silver anniversary!  Sure, RFL hasn't been married for 25 years to itself (that's still illegal under Kentucky law) but it has been 25 years of something.  & when you've had twenty-five years of something you have what the Wikipedia calls a Silver Jubilee.  Don't believe me?  Here's what it says on that page I just linked to:

Silver Jubilee is a celebration held to mark a 25th anniversary. The anniversary celebrations can be of a wedding anniversary, ruling anniversary or anything that has completed a 25 year mark.

I must reiterate that this isn't a wedding anniversary since RFL is technically single (though in several committed relationships) but it is a ruling anniversary, since WRFL rules.  Oh yeah.

Listen today from 4 to 6 pm on 88.1 fm in Lexington, or online at WRFL dot fm.  I'll archive the show this weekend.  Oh, & why not come celebrate with us tonight while you're in town?

Happy Silver Jubilee, WRFL!

No comments: