Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Preface To A Smelly Show: Who You Calling Smelly, Stinky?

I live with three dogs & three cats.  I know a thing or two about stinkiness.

Maybe there's a better question: how can we make a radio show about smells smell good?  Or bad?  Or at all?

John Waters had the idea of Odorama for one of his movies.  It's funny, I thought that it happened for more than one movie.  Anyway, there was a card given out to folks at the theater & numbers would flash on the screen relating to one of the scratch & sniff options.  Viola!  You got to smell what you saw.

It's too late for me to prepare such a thing - so of course this week's show will not be in odorama or audio-smell or whatever.  But wouldn't it be great if it was?

Although to be honest, the smell of death is pretty close to the smell of flatulence.  & I may have songs about both.

No comments: