Monday, October 13, 2014

I Am Skeered Of Twitter

There are two (or maybe three, why in the world would I even attempt to make this sort of generalization) kinds of folks on the Twitter:

1) Funny people being clever.

2) People who think Twitter is like Facebook but they don't know everyone can see everything they write.

Now that I think about it, there are more, which includes people who promote shit on Twitter plus people who forward things on Twitter, & really, how different is Twitter really from Facebook because oh who care there's no argument here move along.

I feel like I can't be genuine on Twitter because I represent a radio show but also I feel like I can't compete with the funny people because I'm not really funny.

This is an example of a Twit I wrote today:

"Someone asked me how long I've been married & if I had 'the seven year itch.' I said I might have, but it turned out to be terrible eczema."

Not funny!  Someone's done this before!  It made random people laugh but they're not Twitter!  What the fuck am I doing?

Ah well.  I'm used to this.

No comments: