Thursday, October 16, 2014

Whither Soup?

Do you need a reason, ever, to do a radio show about food?  I try to stay away from food, myself, on the radio, mainly because there are lots of songs about meat, & I don't want to play them.  I remember reviewing a CD recently in which a person talked about going to heaven & eating barbecue up there.  It completely baffled me that someone would imagine going to heaven - the place where the god they believe in lives - & they'd still slaughter animals to eat.  It conjures up the image of the soul of a poor calf mistreated & murdered for veal, & its soul rising up to heaven, & once there - it gets murdered again!  How awful!

There are a few meat soup songs on tomorrow's show, I confess.  I suffered through them.  But mostly, you know, the soup songs are silly or metaphorical.  Like all that is important in life.

Is that true?

The show's on tomorrow morning from 7 to 9am on 88.1 fm WRFL in Lexington.  It's also online at WRFL dot FM.  & of course I'll keep the soup show warm & put it on the
Self Help Radio website.

But if there's no bread left when you get there, it's your own damn fault!

No comments: