Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Naps A Lot

2014 was the year of the nap.  At least for me.

I nap because I usually stay up late.  I stay up late because I nap.

I knew a guy who went home after work & took a thirty minute nap every day.  Thirty minutes!  It takes me a half hour to work my way into a nap!

Sometimes napping is about being tired.  Sometimes napping is about napping.

I dream a lot when I nap.  I can't be sure, but I'm guessing I'm in REM sleep for more than 70% of my nap.

That's not possible?  It feels like it's possible.

I just read this at this site:

Some scientists believe dreams are the cortex's attempt to find meaning in the random signals that it receives during REM sleep. The cortex is the part of the brain that interprets & organizes information from the environment during consciousness. It may be that, given random signals from the pons during REM sleep, the cortex tries to interpret these signals as well, creating a "story" out of fragmented brain activity.

I love the idea that dreams are the result of our brain confusing itself.

Now.  After all this.  It's nap time.

No comments: