Thursday, January 01, 2015

Whither Cracked?

Happy new year!  Another long year of Self Help Radio!  Oh, sorry about that.

A show about cracking (but not a show about crack) (although there will be some content about crack, it can't be helped) probably came to me while listening either to the first Modern Lovers record (where you discover that she cracked, I'm sad, but won't; she cracked, I'm hurt, you're right) or perhaps the record Aladdin Sane (where you are told to crack, baby, crack, show me you're real).  Most likely both at a similar time.  Such is the way ideas fester.

Somewhere however there's the song "Anthem," by Leonard Cohen, which I won't play tomorrow, but which has the immortal chorus:

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Why won't I play it?  It's really long!  Maybe I'll play it on the show before Self Help Radio - I'm subbing that show tomorrow.

Tomorrow!  From 7 to 9am!  (Plus the two hours before, freeform radio.)  WRFL Lexington, 88.1 fm in town.  WRFL dot FM online.  Hopefully at the Self Help Radio website later in the day!

Happy new year!

No comments: