Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

According to some noodling & calculation & stuff, I did 92 (!) radio shows this year.  Technically, nineteen or twenty of those were not actually on the radio (they were podcasts), so the number is more like 72 - but surely that's still kind of impressive.  It means I was on the radio an average of every four or five days.

But that's misleading, since fourteen of those shows were my summer blues show, Woke Up One Early Morning Blues.  I did the show before Self Help Radio, so I wasn't really on the radio more, I just did two different shows in a three hour period.

So if you say I did 58 radio shows this year, you can say I was on the radio an average of every six days.  I wish I weren't so anal about making unfactual claims, especially when those claims aren't really about anything important.  Oh, fuck it.

I did 92 radio shows this year!

Of those shows:

55 were Self Help Radio shows
23 were sub shows on WRFL
14 were Woke Up Early One Morning Blues shows

How did I get 55 Self Help Radio shows in a year that only has 52 weeks?  Easy.  I made up a "Self Help Radio Week" in March & did five shows that week.  I probably won't do that again, mainly because I'll be out of town during Spring Break, &, anyway, I'd hate to ask the other RFL morning deejays to give up their time slots for me.  It was also exhausting!

For Self Help Radio:

I explored 44 new themes.
I did seven "regular" shows (my birthday, Valentine's Day, anniversary, Halloween, my wife's birthday, my favorites of the year, + Christmas)
I did four "indiepop a to z" segments.

But all of this is just me being goofy about a radio show that very few people care about.  Maybe you're one of them, & if you do, & you like my nonsense, you're someone I should thank for making 2014 a fun year to be doing my teen-aged radio show.  I do this because I have a weird compulsion, but the fact that sometimes there's someone listening - & that someone is you - makes it even more fun for me.

Thank you!  Have a happy 2015!

No comments: