Thursday, September 14, 2017

Self Help Radio 091317: Dancing

(It's the foxtrot! Original image here.)

Two hours of dancing!  Good thing everyone was drunk!

As I previously explained, the theme for this show was suggested to me, so I felt a good deal of pressure making it - I mean, I wanted the person who asked me to do the theme to enjoy the show - & now that it's done, I wonder if I did a good job.  I haven't heard yet.  & now I realize that the bigger a deal I make about it, the less likely it will be that others will suggest a theme.  I'm so needy & eager to please!

The wife snottily asked me last night when the last time I went dancing was.  It was probably at a wedding or something.  I haven't danced at an actual club since half my life ago.  But the other day, when I was mowing the lawn, & listening to music on my phone, I did kinda dance when there was a very danceable song in my ears.  Mowing/dancing.  Could be dangerous though.  & no one can hear the music but me, so perhaps the neighbors thought I was having a fit.

No, I will not do a show about mowing.  I might do a show about lawns & yards, though.  One day.

The show about dancing is doing its thing at the Self Help Radio website.  There's no cover to get in to that crappy club but you will need a username ("SHR") & a password ("selfhelp").  The show is in two halves, & what's in the halves, including the interviews, is listed below.

Don't forget to hydrate!

(part one)

"We Love Dancing" Arling & Cameron _All In_
"Dancing In Wild Circles" Holger Czukay _Good Morning Story_

"Arthur Murray Taught Me Dancing In A Hurry" Helen O'Connell with Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra _The Best Of Helen O'Connell On Capitol_
"Dancing With Myself" Nouvelle Vague _Bande À Part_
"On Slow Dancing" Fabio _Fabio After Dark_
"Keep On Dancing" The Commodores _Funk Drops, Vol. 3: Breaks, Nuggets, & Rarities_
"Dancing" Standard Fare _Indietracks 2010: An Indiepop Compilation_

interview with dance instructor CJ Buchanan

"Can We Go Dancing" The Amber Squad _This Is Mod, Vol. 1: The Rarities 1979-1981_
"Up Here For Thinking, Down There For Dancing" Tono & The Finance Company _Up Here For Dancing_
"Nothing Matters When We're Dancing" The Magnetic Fields _69 Love Songs, Vol. 1_
"Dancing Queen" Redd Kross _Secret Life_

interview with the Rev. Dr. Howard Gently about dancing & spirituality

"Dancin' Late At Night" Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers _Modern Lovers 88_

(part two)

"John, I'm Only Dancing" David Bowie _The Rise & Fall Of Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars_
"Dancing" Bauhaus _Mask_
"Dancing Barefoot" Patti Smith Group _Wave_

interview with dancer David Fruchter

"Those Dancing Days" Those Dancing Days _Those Dancing Days_
"Dancing In The Public Eye" Frankie Cosmos _Zentropy_
"Him Dancing" Throwing Muses _The Real Ramona_
"Dancing Octopi Occupy The Mind's Eye" Drug Boyfriend _Dancing Octopi Occupy The Mind's Eye_
"Suita De Danturi De Jucat/Dant Pe Sus/Dant Pe Mijloc" Stefan Olar & Petre Huta _World Library Of Folk & Primitive Music Romania_

interview with felon Jerry Tausend about dance therapy for rehabilitation

"Dancing In The Dark" The Snuggle Ups _Bridging The Distance: A Portland OR Cover Compilation_
"Dancing In The Street" Martha & The Vandellas _The Complete Motown Singles, Vol. 4: 1964_
"No Dancing" Basement Apartment _Transistor!_
"No Dancing" Elvis Costello _My Aim Is True_
"Come Dancing" The Kinks _State Of Confusion_

"Dancing To Music I Hate" Shimmering Stars _Violent Hearts_
"Dancing (With A Hole In My Heart)" The Mantles _Extended Dorkout: Singles & Leftovers_
"Dancing To The Beat" Clarence Murray _Action Speaks Louder Than Words: The Best Of SSS International_

No comments: