Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Whither Dancing?

(Image from here.)

"Dancing" is the theme for this week's Self Help Radio.  I am happy to report that it was not a theme I thought of myself.  Nope, someone suggested it.  They wrote to me at gary at self help radio dot net & asked, one, if I ever did a show about dancing (which was easy to check - though my memory is very faulty, there is an index page on the website which lists all the themes the show has covered), & two, if not, would I?  They also asked if I would not say their name, because, of course, being associated with Self Help Radio is never really a good idea.

That probably isn't a terribly satisfying reason for why the show has the theme it has this week, but it happens to be true.  It also happens to be rare - I always wonder why more folks don't request themes for the show.  One reason, of course, is that not many people listen to the show.  Other than that, I just don't know.  I don't think I've ever refused a theme, at least not in the last few years.  I would often, in the past, refuse themes that were way too general, like "cars."  One guy who listened in Austin called every so often to ask me to do a show about "cars."  If it had been around at the time, I would've said, "Bob Dylan covered it on his show already."  Who wants to follow Dylan?  He's a headliner!

Last week, technical problems at WLXU resulted in the previous week's show airing instead of that week's show.  I have received no information that suggests this will happen again, so let's hope that tonight's show about dancing finds itself ready to boogie from 9-11pm eastern at 93.9 fm in Lexington & online at LCR online.  I think I'll have a few drinks before the show; that way I'll be less self-conscious.  After all, we'll be dancing together for two hours!

No comments: