Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween Week 2017: Zombies!

(Original image here.)

This is the last Halloween show I did on KOOP.  It's also one of my favorites - music-wise, that is.  I love zombies & I love songs about zombies*.  It's also fun because around the time I did this show, I discovered that a pair of kids from KVRX were doing a similar, theme-based show, & I invited them up to hang out.  & they were great!

If you're wondering if I knew that this would be the last Self Help Radio Halloween show on KOOP - I don't know.  I don't think so.  My wife had gotten her PhD that summer & was looking for a job, but she wouldn't find one until 2009 - but I left KOOP before that, for reasons I might explain tomorrow or I might not, nyah.

Like the others, this show is on the Halloween on Self Help Radio page.  Same rules apply for password & stuff.  It's ninety minutes long, the show is in two parts, & what's in each part is below.

Enjoy!  Try not to be too frightened!

(part one)

"Zombie" CJ Buchanan _Brains!_
"The Living Dead" Mrhamburger _Sounds For The Active Dead_
"I Walked With A Zombie" Roky Erickson & The Aliens _The Evil One_
"Do The Zombie" Symbols _Laff Blasts From The Past_

"If You Shoot The Head You Kill The Ghoul" Jeffrey Lewis _It's The Ones Who've Cracked That The Light Shines Through_
"Zombie Song" Sudden Infant Dance Syndrome _2 Many Babes_
"Zombie Jamboree (Live)" Kingston Trio _The Guard Years Vol. 7_
"Love Zombies" Monochrome Set _Volume, Contrast, Brilliance...: Sessions & Singles, Volume 1_
"Zombies, Unite!" Unbearables _Just One Bite_

"Re: Your Brains" Jonathan Coulton _Thing A Week Two_
"Zombie Medley" Patton Oswalt _Feelin' Kinda Patton_

(part two)

"George Romero" Sprites _Modern Gameplay_
"Zombie Song" Besties _Singer_
"Astro Zombies" Doleful Lions _Song Cyclops, Vol. 2_

"She's A Zombie" Fall-Outs _Zombie 7"_
"Zombie Hop" Zombina & The Skeletones _Monsters On 45_
"Zombie Dance" Cramps _Songs The Lord Taught Us_
"My Girl Wants To Be A Zombie" Briefs _Steal Yer Heart_
"Pro-Zombie" Die ¨A;rzte _Ger¨usch_

"Zombie" gfire _Zombie_
"Waiting For The Zombies" Square Root Of Margaret _Teragram Photeur_

* I liked this show so much I kinda re-did it later (in 2010) as a sub show for WRFL.  Which you can listen to here, if you don't want to listen to the 2007 version.  It has more zombie songs, though!

No comments: