Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween Week 2017: Witches!

(Original image here.)

Welcome to my 2008 Halloween show!  This show never aired.  It didn't air because I skipped the week, or because I got sick, or because of technical issues.  It didn't air because I wasn't at a radio station at the time.

In the spring of 2008, my wife got offered a post-doc in North Carolina, at Duke.  For complicated reasons, she decided not to take it.  I had left KOOP in anticipation of leaving Austin, & when she didn't take the job, I simply decided not to go back.  Why?  Well, one is, that I couldn't have just resumed the show if I decided to go back (see below).  The other is that I knew my wife would be looking for jobs elsewhere, & we probably wouldn't stay in Austin.  That turned out to be true - in a year, we would be gone.

But did I let that stop Self Help Radio?  Nope!  For one, I had continued with the show into the summer despite leaving KOOP.  I left the station at the end of the "season" (at the time, KOOP has six-month "seasons" coinciding with the station's training schedule) because I didn't want to leave in the middle of the summer & punch an unexpected hole in the schedule.  & anyway, I intended to keep doing the show elsewhere (which of course I have done).  Why let a little thing like not being on the radio stop a radio show called Self Help Radio?

So you may be the first person to actually listen to this show!  It is now of course on the Halloween on Self Help Radio page.  Pay attention to password info.  The show is around ninety minutes long, give or take, & it's in two parts, & what's in those parts is below.

(part one)

"Witches & Wizards" Louise Huebner _Seduction Through Witchcraft_
"The Three Witches" Sonic World Orchestra _Shakespeare & Love_
"Witches! Witches! Rest Now In The Fire" Get Well Soon _Rest Now, Weary Head! You Will Get Well Soon_

"Seduce Your Lover (Seduction Spells From Around The World)" Louise Huebner _Seduction Through Witchcraft_
"The Witch" Sonics _Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era, Vol. 4_
"The Wicked Old Witch" The Bells Of Rhymny _USA Garage Greats 1965-1967 - I Want My Woman_
"Witch Girl" Mystrys _Before Birdmen Flew - Australian Beat, R&B & Punk 1965-1967_
"Mad Witch" Dave Gardner _Horror Hop_
"Swamp Witch" Deadbolt _Haight Street Hippie Massacre_
"Big Black Witchcraft Rock" Cramps _Fiends Of Dope Island_

"Love Spell (Seduction Spells From Around The World)" Louise Huebner _Seduction Through Witchcraft_
"I Put A Spell On You" Screamin' Jay Hawkins _Voodoo Jive: The Best Of Screamin' Jay Hawkins_
"Witchcraft (For Your Love)" Temptations _Emperors Of Soul_
"Castin' My Spell" Johnny Otis _The Capitol Years_
"Witchcraft" Elvis Presley _Today, Tomorrow, & Forever_

(part two)

"My Girlfriend Is A Witch" Cattanooga Cats _Cattanooga Cats_

"Astral Sex (Seduction Spells From Around The World)" Louise Huebner _Seduction Through Witchcraft_
"The Sad Witch" Hefner _Breaking God's Heart_
"She's Got A New Spell" Billy Bragg _Workers Playtime_
"Season Of The Witch" Donovan _The Very Best Of Donovan_
"Soft Power" Ladytron _Witching Hour_

"Zap The World" Wild, Hayes & Raye _H R Punfnstuf TV & Movie Soundtrack_
"Witches Brew" Janie Jones _We're In Love With The World Of Janie Jones_
"Old Witch, Old Witch" Burl Ives _A Twinkle In Your Eye_
"Free Guitar Lessons For Animals" Flossie & The Unicorns _L.M.N.O.P._
"Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead" Klaus Nomi _Simple Man_

No comments: