Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Whither A Week Without Self Help Radio?

(Image from here.)

There will be no new Self Help Radio this week.  But I do believe there will be an old episode of the show (probably a repeat of last week's) so the graphic above is misleading.  The show will not be off the air & of course the radio station WLXU will be on the air.  I am just terrible at finding appropriate graphics for these announcements.

What do you do if you don't want to listen to a repeat of Self Help Radio?  (Either tonight's show or the dozens on the archive page.)  I dunno.

Maybe read a book?

Or binge watch something on a streaming service?  (I am currently enjoying the show Mindhunter.)

Play with your pets?  Like, really play with them.  Wear them out.  Convince them you're more cat/dog/guinea pig/fish than human.

Make something with clay?  Or papier-mâché?

Listen to something new someone has recommended to you despite the fact that you think there's no good music anymore & you're going to end up listening to something you've heard a million times before?

Take a walk (weather permitting)?  Take a drive (but be safe)?

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have fun.  The show will be back next week at this time.  That's a promise, though I know it felt like a threat.  & promises are made to be kept.  No one keeps a threat.  No one says, "I made a threat & I'm gonna keep it."  That's just weird.

Boy this went on longer than I thought it would.

No comments: