Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Preface To Empires: Fall Down Again

Tonight I fell down again.  Let me explain.

About a year & a half ago, I fell down & broke my arm.  I may have talked about it on this blog.  I am too lazy to go look & see.  It was no big deal, people break bones all the time, it could have been worse.

Tonight, I returned from the store - where I had to walk through puddles in the parking lot because it's been fucking raining all day - & I slipped on the door frame of the door which leads from the garage to the house, & I landed on my knee.  It was startling, but I managed to keep the few groceries (some pouches of cat food & two potatoes) in my hands.  It didn't hurt much.

Later, I had a big bump on the left side of my left knee.  It was amazing!

Like a bump in a cartoon, it just rose up & didn't hurt & I didn't even notice it till I sat down.

So yeah I put ice on it, it stopped swelling, it also hurt more once I noticed it, which is the way the world works.  But it doesn't hurt now.  It's kind of a novelty.

People in Texas don't know what to do when weather other than "sunny & hot" happens.  I mock them all the time.  Now I'm one of them.  What, when you walk on wetness your shoes get slippery & wet?  I don't believe you!

One thing is I wish I had taken a picture when it was big & swollen.  My wife was grossed out by it, but I was fascinated that your skin can do such a thing.  But I didn't.  I didn't think about it.  I missed out.

No comments: