Monday, August 06, 2018

Once More Unto The Breach

Yep, tomorrow is the seventh day of the 2018 KNON Summer Pledge Drive.  It will be the first day of the drive for the show I do there, the Tuesday Morning Blend, & I am none-too-excited about it.  Why?  Because I'm terrible at raising money.

& it's not it's something I can't learn.  I have been reading website about proper pitches.  But I don't have the instinct for it.  You've met salespeople, haven't you?  Could sell coals to Newcastle?  Yeah, that's not me.  Ultimately I feel weird about capitalism, maybe because I grew up poor.

Really, I feel it would be nice if folks just had a sense that they should support a station like KNON as a matter of course, but instead you know how it is: you have to beg, to cajole, to entice with gifts.  I've done it myself, at stations I've been involved with - I look for the good premium before I make a pledge.

So I am gearing up for trying, trying again.  If you want to support me on the radio in Dallas - I know, I wish it were Self Help Radio, but this is the only place I can deejay in town - think about calling tomorrow morning or perhaps making a donation at this place on the web.  Make sure you mention me or the Tuesday Morning Blend to get me some credit.

& think nice thoughts.  I'm so going to suck at this.

No comments: