Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Preface To Cindy's Show: Do I Even Know Any Cindys?

Or is it Cindies?

A long time ago, I knew someone named Cynthia.  She didn't like to be called Cindy.  She was very religious, & didn't like me reminding her that she had "Cyn" in her name.

Years after that, but many more years before now, I knew a woman named Cindy who was my landlord, or she & her husband were my landlord.  I forget his name now.  I sort of remember what he looks like, kind of doofy, in a Mike Birbiglia type of shape.  He seemed harmless but he was sitting drunk on the porch one night (I lived in the apartment above their house) & he hit on my girlfriend.  But Cindy, who was a scary redhead, was never anything but pleasant & businesslike with me.

My wife worked with a woman named Cindy who was deeply conservative, but I never met her. I just heard my wife complain about her a lot.

Nope, there is no one named Cindy in my world at the moment.  I definitely don't know any famous people named Cindy.  Holy crap that's a long list!  Where the hell have I been?  I need to make more friends.

No comments: