Saturday, March 14, 2020

Preface To Surprise: Would It Surprise You If There Were No Self Help Radio This Week?

It wouldn't surprise me.

Yesterday I wrote:

I expect - despite how fucked up the world is right now - I expect I will be in the Freeform studios for Self Help Radio come Monday.

But don't quote me on that.  Everything is in flux, everything is completely crazy. 

The folks at Freeform closed the studios this afternoon.  I mentioned they were exploring remote broadcasting options, but one station Board member said "we aren't going to remote broadcast in the short term."  I have been waiting for a confirmation email, & I have been working on Self Help Radio, but I suspect that there won't be one this week.

There hasn't been any information from KBOO about submitting shows, either.  I spent most of today wondering what the next couple of months will mean for me, radio wise.  I suspect at some point in there I may be battling a virus - as will many others.

Surprise!  A radio show about surprise is (not surprisingly?) probably not going to happen!

No comments: