Friday, March 13, 2020

Shutdown

Today I almost subbed a show on KBOO.  It was a folky show, they found a folky sub in time.  I was almost out the door when I heard someone more - is qualified the word? sure - more qualified than I was was available.  I confess I wasn't excited about subbing the show, but now I wish I had, because at the end of the day, KBOO closed the station to everyone but staff.

Now, I don't have a show scheduled on KBOO till a week from Thursday, & I will prerecord that.  I don't like to prerecord but I understand.  The same marching orders came down from XRAY - but as you know, I am no longer doing a show there.

& my beloved Freeform?  They are exploring options for remote broadcasting.  I hope that works out, although I am not sure how that will work.  But I expect - despite how fucked up the world is right now - I expect I will be in the Freeform studios for Self Help Radio come Monday.

But don't quote me on that.  Everything is in flux, everything is completely crazy.  I think it's amazing we're protecting ourselves but I fear the uncertainty will perhaps drive us even more insane.

But what the hell do I know?  I didn't expect this yesterday, what can I say about tomorrow?

No comments: