Saturday, January 07, 2023

Bolan's Meows

Here at SHR HQ I continue to be sad about our recent loss. The complete horror of peripheral vision means I see my lovely old black cat regularly out of the corner of my eye, & the deceptive shadows make me see him in the places he frequented.

Thinking about the old man, I remembered a recording of him.  At this point, I'm not sure what I can legally tell you about a project that began back in Lexington.  But what I can say is:

The head of a business had been listening to my radio show. He asked if there were some way I could contribute to his company. We settled on this odd idea that, should someone call the company & be put on hold, they'd hear weirdo recordings that I had made.

Thinking about that noisy cat, I remembered that Bolan's very insistent meows made an appearance.  I have uploaded that spot (with the company's name edited out, since I am not sure about my legal situation here) which, it makes me happy to admit, people calling the company, & put on hold, would have heard.  I know this because after I moved to Texas, a former RFL person wrote to me & said, "I was on hold with the company for some time & had to listen to your nonsense!"

Please click here to listen to the spot which prominently features Bolan.

The original recording of my sweet old cat was probably five minutes long, but I obviously truncated it for the bit. I don't have a specific memory of how it came about but I expect he was moving around my legs, trying to get me to feed him or pay attention to him, & I held the phone recording him as he did.

He is so greatly missed.  I wish I were doing better but I am not.

No comments: