Monday, January 02, 2023

Whither The Dawn?

(Mt Hood at dawn. Image from here.)

Gosh, I thought I was being smart - the first show of the year will have the theme "the dawn"! As in, the dawn of a new year! I actually hardly ever think that way - except for shows that are planned around holidays (& episodes of the Dickenbock Report), my themes are usually random. One person at KOOP who peer-reviewed my show wrote, "I don't understand why he's doing a show about this!" But I hope you can see how liberating it is to do it the way I do.

However. The best laid plans. Last week, KBOO (along with my other radio stations) had a power failure due to high winds. Unlike the other stations, KBOO's resulted in some catastrophe at the station about which I know very little. We were off the air for a couple of days, & are still not streaming. The web site tells us, "We’re back on air through a temporary broadcasting system. We still have a major power issue at the station. Thank you so much for your patience & support."

Which means I'm not going up to the station tonight for Self Help Radio but had to hastily cobble together & record a show from home. So - if I turned it in on time! - there will be a recorded Self Help Radio tonight from midnight to 3am on 90.7fm. Alas, not on the stream. I'll be home & listening & live tweeting. It's the dawn of the year - I hope it doesn't stay as dark out!

No comments: