Monday, August 14, 2023

Update For The Dickenbock Report


There is a program I do on XRAY called the Dickenbock Report. Like Self Help Radio, I've done this show on three stations in Portland - it started on KBOO, went to Freeform Portland, & is now on XRAY. It's very much like Self Help Radio in that it is theme-based, except it's done as though it's a newscast/news magazine. Mostly it's the same though.

The show has recently aired very early in the morning, 5-7am on Saturdays. It started in April & it soon became apparent that it was going to be a lot - meaning that I would have to go to sleep early on Fridays & wake early on Saturdays. I am not good at going to sleep early - I'm not really very good at going to sleep, to be honest. So as the months wore on, I was sleeping less & less. & waking earlier to work on the show.

Realizing I might not be able to keep up this pace, I suggested that the show might move when the new cycle started in August to a different time slot. & I said I would be glad to lose an hour - I am already doing two other shows, you know. & this has come to pass.

Starting next week, on Sunday August 20, the Dickenbock Report airs at 9am. Just for an hour. It should be fine. I might could do odder themes - I am very happy with last week's show about sewing machines, for example.

& so - the Dickenbock Report is on Sundays now on XRAY FM at 9am. Just thought you should know.

No comments: