Thursday, August 17, 2023

Whither Charm?

(I scanned this ages ago from an old comic book.)

Prince Charming told me his favorite song was "This Charming Man." When introduced to someone, he would say, "Charmed, I'm sure." He had tested out of charm school. Was his favorite cereal Lucky Charms? Oh I didn't ask.

Somewhere along the way I began to be charmed by lots of songs about charm, almost certainly beginning with the Smiths song, which I listened to a lot after Andy Rourke's death. It was just a matter of accumulating a lot of charm songs, like the charms above for jewelry, until I felt the moment was charmed enough to have a show about charm. & that moment is today!

Listen from noon to 2pm Portland time to Self Help Radio on Freeform Portland. It's on the air in town at 90.3+98.3 fm. & we're online everywhere at freeform portland dot org. You'll hear lots of music & lots of conversations - including one with a charm school dropout & one with a snake charmer!

Do tune in - I find you so charming!

No comments: