Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Self Help Radio 040224: Tired


Does a show about being tired make one less tired? It does not. Being tired is not something that decreases with more awareness. It's exhausting hearing about exhaustion. Tired should lead to rest, to sleep, to some kind of relaxation or repose. Unfortunately we don't always have that luxury. Which means that a show about being tired is probably the last thing you'll want to listen to if you're tired. & I'm always tired. Are you always tired?

You can listen to this tiresome show at the Self Help Radio website. Please use the login SHR & the password selfhelp to access the file. Luckily the songs & the guests were excellent so they'll not tire you out. Everything that happens on the show is noted below.

Now I need a nap.

Self Help Radio Tired Show
"Tired As I Can Be" Bessie Jackson _Them Dirty Blues_
"Too Tired" Fats Waller & His Rhythm _1939-1940_
"I'm Tired" Bright Light Quartet _Southern Journey Volume 8: Velvet Voices - Eastern Shores Choirs, Quartets, & Colonial Era Music_

introduction & definitions

"Tired & Sleepy" The Cochran Brothers _Somethin' Else: The Fine Lookin' Hits Of Eddie Cochran_
"Too Tired" Johnny Guitar Watson _30th Birthday Celebration - Blues & R&B_
"Morgens Bin Ich Immer Müde" Trude Herr _Ich Will Keine Schokolade_
"I'm So Tired (Esher Demo)" The Beatles _The Beatles (White Album) (Deluxe)_

interview with herbalist Martin Lerner

"Tired Of Waking Up Tired" The Diodes _Tired Of Waking Up Tired: The Best Of The Diodes_
"I've Been Tired" Pixies _Come On Pilgrim_
"So Tired" Slowdive _Outside Your Room EP_
"Why Am I So Tired All The Time?" Eggs _Eggs Teenbeat 96 Exploder_

our resident cinephile Chuck stops by

"Too Tired" Postal Blue _Weather Sensitive EP_
"Too Tired" DeVotchKa _How It Ends_
"Tired" Guards Of Metropolis _Alligator_
"Tired All The Time" Simon I _Simon I_

interview with blogger Melanie Lowe

"Tired" LCD Soundsystem _LCD Soundsystem_
"Dog Tired" The Tash Mints _Antipodean Screams, Vol. 2_
"Too Tired" Meat Market _Too Tired_
"I'm Always Tired" Joyce Manor _Of All Things I Will Soon Grow Tired_
"Tired Of Being Tired" Descendents _9th & Walnut_

interview with kinesiologist & author Mike Ladd

"Sleep When I'm Tired" Poetica _Poetica_
"I'm So Tired" Deserta _Every Moment, Everything You Need_
"I'm So Tired" Lala Lala _Fader & Friends Vol. 1_
"Wired & Tired" The Speed Of Sound _Museum Of Tomorrow_

conclusion & goodbye

"So Tired In The Morning" Erland & The Carnival _Nightingale_
"Too Tired" Kali _Circles_

No comments: