Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goodbye F! Hello G!

In the thirty-first (!) installment of my "I'll-die-before-I-complete-it" series, Indiepop A To Z, I finish the Fs with some faint finesse & gingerly gnaw at the ungainly Gs. G is a deeply unpopular letter, as I know since my name begins with a G. Some might say it ends with a G, though they might be mistaking my name for a participle or a gerund. Oh sure, G has given us garrulous, gentle, geek, goofy, good grief & grateful, but it also sadly gave us grotesque, gonorrhea, G.O.P., Garfield, & god. There are some things, those of us whose names start with G understand, for which we can never be forgiven.

This is a vain attempt to play lots of indiepop songs in alphabetical order & I will continue to do so unless you give me a good reason not to. The show exists in the way it went at the Self Help Radio web site. You can find most (I think all except one) of the previous "Indiepop A To Z" series in the show archives (scroll down to find the first ones, then work your way up). The show is divided in two parts as if hewed with a dull axe, & part one is here while part two is here. What songs & artists are contained in each part? I list that below.

Do I ever tell you thanks for listening? Because I should. Thanks for listening!

(part one)

"Brilliant Mind" Furniture _The Wrong People_
"Watery Moonlight" Further _I've Got It Now - A Popfest Compilation Cassette_
"Only One Life" The Future _Hit Music Only_

"I'm Lonely (& I Love It)" Future Bible Heroes _I'm Lonely (& I Love It)_
"Crying's What You Need" Future Conditional _We Don't Just Disappear_
"Love Is The Slug" Fuzzbox _We've Got A Fuzzbox & We're Gonna Use It_
"Flashlight" Fuzzy _Flashlight 7"_

"Bonnie & Clyde" Serge Gainsbourg & Brigitte Bardot _Bonnie & Clyde_
"Baby Blue Volvo" The Galactic Heroes _How About San Francisco?_

(part two)
"Tugboat" Galaxie 500 _Today_
"Chardonnay" Game Theory _Lolita Nation_
"Sitting In The Park" Gangway _Sitting In The Park_

"Galaxy" Des Garcons Ordinaires _The Noise & The Melodies: The Pearl-Compilation_
"Ferry Across The Humber" The Gargoyles _Steamflapper_
"Bed & Breakfast" Garlands _Picnic Lightning_
"Why Did I Trust You?" The Garlands _The Garlands EP_
"Any Way" Gaze _Mitsumeru_

"Yours Forever" The Generationals _Actor-Caster_
"Shadow Of A Girl" Gentle Despite _Torment To Me_

No comments: