Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tonight! The Countdown Continues!

It's not really a countdown, though, is it. I mean, a countdown starts high & works its way to a lower number. The most famous countdown is the one that leads to a rocket taking off.

It's not a countup either. (I know, countup isn't a word.) I was thinking about famous countdowns & as an example my brain said, "Don't you count down when you're playing hide & seek?" Of course you don't, silly brain! You count up! Sometimes from five. Like in the famous Schoolhouse Rock video:



No, the Indiepop A To Z attempts to be like a - well - like an alphabetical list of something. Like if you go to the Wikipedia & look for a list of jazz flugelhorn players. (Note: they don't have an alphabetical list of jazz flugelhorn players.) (Nor do they have a list of indiepop bands & performers.) Such a list would probably be in alphabetical order. It would also probably tempt to me to do a series of radio shows. I shall restrain myself.

I guess I should call it "an alphabetical listing of indiepop players & performers." But that's a mouthful. It's just the indiepop a to z. I'm not even capitalizing it. That's how frankly unofficial & probably incomplete it is!

It's on tonight in Lexington on 88.1 fm & of course online everywhere on WRFL's website. If you miss it, I'll archive it tomorrow on self help radio dot net. But I'm giving you so much advance notice! Why would you miss it?

No comments: